28.3.10

pattern inspiration





I am working on some new pattern designs to mix in with my cushions so I have been looking through my piles of vintage fabrics, scarves and hankies for inspiration. The patchwork quilt was from a local flea market, a mad mix of fabrics hand sewn with love and care, a real portrait of the 70's in hexagonal pieces. Putting it in the washing machine was perhaps not a good idea as I now have to do a bit of make and mend. London has gone a bit quilt mad at the moment as there is a big new exhibition all about British quilt making just starting at the V&A museum which is not to be missed, I must make sure I find time to see it. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I ♥ the V&A, we used to sit there and draw in Collage. Wish I could see the exhibition. Brings back memories!
    Guusje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the V&A too. I used to take my students when I taught in west London and often pop in on my way home. I miss that a lot. Hope to get a cheap train ticket and see the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails